Terms and Conditions for Whakaata Māori Kōrero Joining Promotion – Rebel Sport
12 January 2024
1. These terms and conditions relate to the giveaway promotion provisionally called “Rebel Sport Joining Promotion” (“Promotion”). Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of, and entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion aims to encourage audiences to join the Kōrero research panel.
3. By participating in the Promotion and by accepting any prize, you, the entrant, agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the Promoter’s Terms of Access available at https://www.whakaatamaori.co.nz/mi/terms-of-use.
4. The Promoter is Whakaata Māori (“Promoter”), acting through the Whakaata Māori Channel, Te Reo Channel (“Whakaata Māori Channels”), Whakaata Māori’s official social media accounts including but not limited to https://www.facebook.com/maoritv.nz/ Facebook account, https://www.instagram.com/whakaatamaori/ Instagram account, and https://www.linkedin.com/company/whakaatamaori/ LinkedIn account (“Social Media Accounts”), and any social media accounts of those acting in affiliation with Whakaata Māori.
5. The Promotion commences on 15 January 2024 at 00:01 and closes at 23:59 on 15 February 2024 (“Promotional Period”). Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
6. Employees and independent contractors (and each of their immediate family members) of the Promoter, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. Employees and independent contractors of the Government, crown agencies and/or crown entities must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering the Promotion or accepting any prize.
7. You must be aged 16 or over and a resident or citizen of New Zealand to be eligible to join the research panel and participate in the Promotion during the Promotional Period.
8. To participate you are required to:
8.1. Validly complete and submit the join up survey on www.mykorero.com.
8.2. Not be participating in another joining promotion running concurrently.
9. The details provided on the join up survey must be those of a real person, using a real identity. Entries that breach this clause will be disqualified.
10. The Promoter will randomly draw 1 winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The winner will be contacted by email.
11. The prize for the Promotion is 1 Rebel Sport e-voucher worth $1,000.
12. The Promoter may announce the winner on Whakaata Māori Channels, or on the MyKōrero website. The Promoter will send an email to the winner requesting their consent to use their name, image or likeness in its public announcements of the winners of the Promotion.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. In the event that such proof is not provided by the winner or is not suitable to the Promoter, then the winner will be deemed to have forfeited their rights to the prize.
14. The winner must respond to the relevant message within 10 days, and provide the Promoter with complete and accurate information. If they fail to respond and provide the Promoter with complete and accurate information within 10 days they will be disqualified, and a new winner will be drawn.
15. The prize will be issued as an e-voucher. The prize becomes the winner’s responsibility once the Promoter sends the e-voucher electronically to the email address used by the winner to register with the Kōrero panel. The Promoter accepts no liability in the event that the e-voucher is lost in transmission; its responsibility extends only to demonstrating that the prize was sent.
16. By participating in the Promotion, you will be providing your information to the Promoter and QuestionPro. Though the promotion may be advertised on social media, it is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by any third party social media platform. You completely release any third party social media platform from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion.
17. All entries become the property of the Promoter. By participating in the Promotion, you are transferring all rights, title and interest (if any) vested in your entry to the Promoter, including, without limitation, copyright, format rights, reputation rights and all ancillary rights, in the results and proceeds of its activities and/or third party producer’s services in all media throughout the world for all purposes for the full period of copyright and all renewals thereafter.
18. The prize is not transferable and/or exchangeable.
19. The winners may not designate someone else as a winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, the Promoter may award it to an alternate winner.
20. If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes (except withholding tax which will be paid by the Promoter), levies, insurances, expenses including but not limited to meals and transport, and any other fees and costs related to accepting the prize.
21. The winners permit having their name, image and likeness appear in connection with the Promotion, the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world.
22. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the Promotion or winning (or not winning) any prize.
23. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of participating in the Promotion and/or accepting and/or using the prize.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any entry and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry and/or selection process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
25. The Promoter’s decision in relation to the winners, or any other aspect of this Promotion, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promoter may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the Promotion or any element of the Promotion for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside of The Promoter’s control.
27. You are responsible for all content submitted as part of your entry. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such content including but not limited to those arising out of the persons involved with the entries to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any content from the Promotion from its social media accounts without notice, for any reason whatsoever. You warrant and agree that: (a) you will not submit any content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
28. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for entries that are late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or lost, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction whatsoever, and is in no way liable for any entries not lodged, or incorrectly lodged, in the Promotion database.
29. All entries and their records become and remain the sole property of the Promoter. Unless otherwise advised by you, all entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter reserves the right to use your personal information for marketing purposes.
30. The Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoter's reasonable control adversely affects the Promoter's ability to conduct the Promotion as contemplated in these terms and conditions, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Any cancellation or modification to the Promotion will be notified on the MyKōrero website.
31. The personal information you provide to the Promoter will be stored at the Promoter’s systems and used for the purposes expressed under these Terms and Conditions.
32. You have the right to access and correct or ask for deletion of your personal information by contacting the Promoter in writing by sending an email to email@example.com
33. If you have any questions regarding the promotion, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org